Thousands of people are being forced to leave their countries and homes everyday all over the world. 20 millions of people, from which 51% are under 18 are currently refugees. The World Refugee Day commemorates the obstacles refugees face each year, while also celebrating their courage and strength. Since 2001, the United Nations and more than 100 countries have observed World Refugee Day annually on June 20th. The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees has started the #WithRefugees petition to send a message of action, solidarity, and responsibility on behalf of refugees to governments worldwide. Join us in our project helping scholars refugees to be settled in the universities or participate in any of the initiatives that help them worldwide. Today is a perfect day to..
Monthly Archives: June 2017
- Fellowships for threatened scholars – Applications open September 28, 2019
- Former Kurdish refugee wins the Fields medal August 10, 2018
- INTELLECTUAL FREEDOM March 12, 2018
- CONVIVIAL December 9, 2017
- WORLD REFUGEE DAY 2017 June 20, 2017
- The scientists who had to start over: ‘five years of my career have been wiped out’ May 17, 2017